Hugh T. Thomson is AV* rated in the Lexis-Nexis Martindale-Hubble Law Directory. This is the preeminent rating, achievable only after admission to the bar for at least ten years, indicating the highest level of legal ability and ethics. Mr. Thomson is also listed in "Best Lawyers in America." Being chosen for Best Lawyers designates him as among the top five percent of California family law lawyers as chosen by his peers. He is also recognized in California in Super Lawyers magazine. Super Lawyers names attorneys in each state who received the highest point totals, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Super Lawyers. *"CV, BV and AV" are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubble certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubble is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubble ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Hugh Thomson
Admitted: 1971, California
Professional Webpage: www.httlaw.com/Bio/HughThomson.html
Honors and Awards:
- AV* rated in the Lexis-Nexis Martindale-Hubble Law Directory; Listed in "Super Lawyers" magazine; Judge Pro Tem for Santa Clara County Superior Court, 1975 - Present; Listed in "Best Lawyers in America", Publisher Woodward/White; Listed in "Who's Who in American Law", Publisher Marquis; Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1981 - Present.
- Family Law, California Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California.
- BAR ADMISSIONS: California, 1971U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1971U.S. Federal Court, 1971. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:Optimist Club, 1991 - 2006, President (1992).
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Settlement Conference, Pro Tem Judge, 1984 - Present; Family Law, Examination Committee, 1981 - 1982; Member of Executive Committee of Family Law Section, 1979 - 1983.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Write commentary for Cal. Family Law Monthly; Various Comments on Statutes and Cases, Matthew Bender. CLASSES/SEMINARS TAUGHT: Recent Developments in Family Law, Continuing Education of the Bar - Lecturer since 1985; Anti-Lucas Legislation, California Center for Judicial Education and Research; Lecturer for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers 1989, 1998 and 2005; Lectures before the Santa Clara County Bar Association 1984, 1987 and 1992; Presentation before the California Trial Lawyers Association 1984; Speaker and panalist for the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, 1993; Participant in program "Dividing Property on Dissolution of Marriage" presented by the CEB Nov., 1994; Speaker on Recent Legislation before the San Mateo Bar Association 1990-1996; Participated as mentor in Professor Rykoff"s General Practice course in conjunction with the University of Santa Clara, 1984.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California, 1970, Doctor of Jurisprudence; University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, 1967, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.