Paul J. Smoot, past President of the San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association, emphasizes all aspects of business litigation, including employment practice for startups and small to mid-sized companies. Mr. Smoot and his team have the ability to respond quickly, efficiently, and economically to litigation matters. As a result of his business litigation practice, Mr. Smoot has implemented a litigation risk management practice to assist small and mid-size companies. Mr. Smoot represents technology companies, such as OCZ Technology Group, Inc. Mr. Smoot is also the lawyer that lawyers call upon in business disputes. He successfully represented two of San Francisco’s legal icons in business disputes. Mr. Smoot has tried cases in both state and federal court.
About Paul Smoot
Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: www.smootpc.com/attorney-profile.html
Honors and Awards:
- American Jurisprudence Award, Corporations and Corporate Law
- San Mateo County Barristers: Board of Directors/Executive Board: 1992-1998. President 1997
- World Jurist Association: Member 1992-2009: Special Envoy to Cuba, November 2000.Office of Technology: Director of Office of Technology 2000-2002
- Consumer Attorneys of California: Member since 1993
- San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Directors 2001-Present: Treasurer 2004-2005: Secretary 2005-2006: Second Vice-President 2006-2007: First Vice-President 2007-2008: President 2008-2009
- California State Bar: Real Estate, Business Litigation, and Labor/Employment Law Sections.
Pro bono/Community Service:
- F.E.M.A. Representative, San Mateo County Bar Association, 1996-2002
- San Mateo County Legal Aid Society 1993-1998
- Mr. Smoot has represented a broad range of clients from technology companies such as OCZ Technology Group, Inc. and PeerTrainer.com to former San Francisco Mayor Joseph L. Alioto and President of Board of Supervisors/Civil Rights Attorney Angela M. Alitoto.
Other Outstanding Achievements: