Antony Noble has been representing clients on appeal for over twelve years. He has represented clients in over 250 appeals and postconviction proceedings, and he has had success in the Colorado Supreme Court, the Colorado Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and several district and county courts throughout the state of Colorado.
Antony graduated in law with honors from University College London, which has been ranked as one of the top five universities internationally. He then obtained a postgraduate diploma in legal practice from the College of Law in London.
Antony is admitted to practice law in New York and Colorado. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and he is a member of the Tenth Circuit Criminal Justice Act Panel.
Antony is a member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar and the Colorado Criminal Defense Institute, and he serves on the CCDB's Professional Development Committee and Amicus Subcommittee. He has organized many continuing legal education programs for appellate and postconviction attorneys and he regularly teaches attorneys and paralegals at seminars and workshops on such subjects as appellate practice, postconviction proceedings, appellate brief writing, and electronic appellate briefs and records.
Antony has been given an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating (5.0 out of 5) in criminal law, appellate practice, and general practice by Martindale-Hubbell® and an Avvo Rating of 10.0 out of 10. He is also a recipient of the 2010 Gideon Award and he was selected for inclusion in the Rising Stars section of Colorado Super Lawyers® 2010 and 2011 under the practice area of appellate law.
About Antony Noble
Admitted: 2002, Colorado
Professional Webpage: www.noble-law.com/AntonyNoble.htm
Honors and Awards:
- For upholding and preserving the principles captured by Gideon v. Wainwright, Gideon Award, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2010
- Colorado, 2002
- New York, 2001
- Colorado Criminal Defense Institute
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Tenth Circuit Criminal Justice Act Panel
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Petitions for Postconviction Relief (July 2012); Postconviction Procedures (July 2012); Appeals and Postconviction Proceedings (May 2012); Direct and Cross Examination in Postconviction Proceedings (February 2012); Closing Arguments in Postconviction Proceedings (February 2012); Felony Appeals (December 2011); Adobe Acrobat for Paralegals (August 2011); Better Serving Our Clients: Holistic and Client-Centered Representation (April 2011); Appellate Brief Writing (December 2010); Petitions for Writ of Certiorari (December 2010); Making the Record CLE (September 2010); Duties and Obligations of Postconviction Counsel CLE (August 2010); Fundamentals of Appellate Practice CLE (July 2010); Making the Record CLE (June 2010); Adobe Acrobat for CJA Appellate Attorneys CLE (April 2010); Appellate Issue Selection and Brief Writing CLE (December 2009); Postconviction Ethics CLE (October 2009); Making the Record CLE (August 2009); Fundamentals of Appellate Practice CLE (May 2009); Adobe Acrobat for Appellate Attorneys CLE (April and May 2009); Electronic Appellate Records CLE (December 2008); Microsoft Word for Appellate Attorneys CLE (June 2007).
- People v. Lahr, __ P.3d __, 2013 COA 57 (Colo. App. Apr. 25, 2013); United States v. Hernandez, __ F.3d __ (10th Cir. Mar. 28, 2013); ;People v. Pleshakov, __ P.3d __, 2013 CO 18 (Colo. Mar. 25, 2013); Kazadi v. People, 291 P.3d 16 (Colo. 2012); Churchill v. University of Colorado, 285 P.3d 986 (Colo. 2012); People v. Ray, __ P.3d __, 07CA561 (Colo. App. Mar. 1, 2012); People v. Laeke, 271 P.3d 1111 (Colo. 2012); People v. Kazadi, 284 P.3d 70 (Colo. App. 2011); Churchill v. Univeristy of Colorado, 293 P.3d 16 (Colo. App. 2010); People v. Sanchez, 253 P.3d 1260 (Colo. App. 2010); Crumb v. People, 230 P.3d 726 (Colo. 2010); People v. Alley, 232 P.3d 272 (Colo. App. 2010); People v. Everett, 250 P.3d 649 (Colo. App. 2010); People v. Laeke, 280 P.3d 1 (Colo. App. 2009); Edwards v. People, 196 P.3d 1138 (Colo. 2008); People v. Crumb, 203 P.3d 587 (Colo. App. 2008); United States v. Zapata, 546 F.3d 1179 (10th Cir. 2008); Leyva v. People, 184 P.3d 48 (Colo. 2008); People v. Wallin, 167 P.3d 183 (Colo. App. 2007); People v. Reese, 155 P.3d 477 (Colo. App. 2006); People v. Martinez, 128 P.3d 291 (Colo. App. 2005); Verdecia v. Adams, 327 F.3d 1171 (10th Cir. 2003); Farmer v. Perrill, 288 F.3d 1254 (10th Cir. 2002); Farmer v. Perrill, 275 F.3d 958 (10th Cir. 2001).
- The College of Law, London - Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, 1997
- University College London - LL.B (Hons), 1996