Terence Ridley focuses his practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on the defense of class actions, personal injury, employment, and environmental matters. He has defended numerous bad-faith claims made against insurance companies, resolved multimillion-dollar bad-faith life insurance class actions, and defeated numerous attempts to certify class actions against insurance companies.
About Terence Ridley
Admitted: 1985, Colorado
Professional Webpage: www.wtotrial.com/bios.aspx?id=151
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers, Insurance Law, 2010-2014
- Tenth Circuit Historical Society, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, 2004-present - Vice-Chair, Class Action and Multidistrict Litigation Section, 2011; Vice-Chair, Membership Development and Retention Committee, New Members, 2011; Chair, Foundation - Visibility Committee; Vice-Chair, Extra Contractual Liability Section; State Representative, 2005-2010
- Denver Bar Association, Executive Committee of Young Lawyers' Division, Treasurer
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors
- ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation, Section of Litigation
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Muscular Dystrophy Certificate of Exceptional Commitment
- Big Brothers of Metropolitan Denver, Big Brother
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Arbitration Clauses and Class Certification, presented to the Association of Corporate Counsel Colorado Chapter (June 26, 2008)
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Estate of Hill v. Allstate, 479 F.3d 735 (10th Cir. 2007)
- Friedland v. TIC and Geosyntec Consultants, 566 F.3d 1203 (10th Cir. 2009)
- Apodaca v. Allstate Insurance, Case No. 10SC39 (Colo. June 20, 2011) - Won a Colorado Supreme Court decision favorable to WTO's client, Allstate, and all Colorado auto insurers in a purported class action involving disclosures associated with underinsured and uninsured motorist policies.
- King v. Allstate Insurance Co., No. 11-cv-00103-WJM-BNB (D. Colo. 2013) - Won a complete defense verdict on behalf of Allstate Insurance Company in an insurance bad faith case brought in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Sipes v. Allstate Indemnity Co., No. 11-cv-02369-PAB-KMT (U.S.D.C. Colo. Nov. 2013) - Won second complete defense verdict in a bad faith matter on behalf of Allstate before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado in two months
- St. Paul Travelers
- Allstate Insurance Company - Regional Trial and Appellate Counsel
- GeoSyntec Consultants
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 1981.