Ms. Mikos is a shareholder with Allen Dell, P.A. representing licensed health care professionals, facilities and businesses throughout Florida in their relationships with federal and state agencies, third party payers and each other. Her practice emphasizes fraud and abuse compliance, licensure, Medicare, Medicaid and other payer disputes; and business transactions for health care clients. Ms. Mikos is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar. Ms. Mikos graduated from West Virginia University (B.S.N., 1977), University of Baltimore (M.B.A., 1983) and Stetson College of Law (J.D., 1993).
About Cynthia Mikos
Admitted: 1993, Florida
Professional Webpage: www.allendell.com/our-attorneys/cynthia-a-mikos/
Honors and Awards:
- Repeatedly identified as one of the Best Lawyers in America by Naifeh and Smith in the area of health law, one of Florida’s Super Lawyers and Florida's Legal Elite, Ms. Mikos was named as Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year 2010 in Health Care Law in Tampa. Ms. Mikos has received the Community Service Award from the University of Tampa School of Nursing, the Distinguished Services Award from The American Association of Nurse Attorneys, the State Award for Excellence Nurse Practitioner Advocate, from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Special Recognition Award from the Florida Nurses Association, and is recognized as one of Florida’s Leaders in Law by the Florida Association of Women Lawyers.
- Ms. Mikos holds an inactive Florida license as a registered nurse.
- Ms. Mikos has been a member of The Florida Bar Health Law Executive Council since 2003, serving as Secretary and Treasurer, Chair-Elect and Chair, and as a member on the Committees for Health Law Certification, Examination Review Panel and Nominating Committee. She previously served as Director of The American Association of Nurse Attorneys on the national level and as president of TAANA during 2006. Ms. Mikos is former co-chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Association Health Law Section.
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Ms. Mikos represented multiple advocacy groups for the developmentally disabled as its amicus curiǽ in Moreland vs. APD, challenging its tier system implementation.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Co-author, Evolving Taxonomy of Nurse Practice Act Violators, Journal of Nursing Law, The American Association Of Nurse Attorneys, 2008
- Contributing Author, Business and Legal Guidebook for Nurse Practitioners, The American Association Of Nurse Attorneys, 2005
- Co-Speaker, What's Happening to Health Care Providers Now Under Health Care Reform, The Florida Bar, Health Law and Elder Law Sections, 2011
- Speaker, Emerging Issues in Health Law for Doctors and Lawyers - Administrative Hearings, Stetson College of Law, March 2012
- Contributing Author, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Florida Practitioner Health Law Handbook 2007 and 2009, exploring topics of billing and reimbursement, The Florida Bar Health Law Section
- Speaker, Legal Ethics for the Health Lawyer, Advanced Health Law Topics And Certification Review, The Florida Bar Health Law Section 2009-11