Jesse J. Bennett Jr. has practiced law in Winter Haven, Florida, since 1982. Since becoming Board Certified in 1993, he has limited his practice to marital and family law. During his 23 years of practice, Bennett has handled in excess of 2,000 marital and family law cases representing individuals from nearly every walk of life, from school teachers to CEOs. His practice includes dissolution of marriage, custody, paternity, preparation of prenuptial agreements, child support, alimony and custody modifications, and enforcement actions. Bennett restricts his practice to the Tenth Judicial Circuit (Polk, Highlands, and Hardee Counties).
About Jesse Bennett, Jr.
Admitted: 1982, Florida
Professional Webpage: jbennettlaw.com
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law since 1993
- Co-Chairman, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Chapter 24th Annual Institute, A Symposium, 2002; Tenth Judicial Circuit Council on Professionalism, 1998; President, Polk County Family Lawyer's Association, 1996-1997; Commentator Staff, Family Law Section, 1995-1996; Member, Tenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee—Vice Chair, 1996, Chair, 1997; President, Winter Haven Bar Association, 1989-1988; Certified Family Law Mediator, 1991-2001; Member, Florida Bar Family Law Section, since 1984; Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 1998, currently President Elect; Board Certified by the Florida bar in Marital and Family Law since 1993; Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1982;
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Strategic Management of the Family Practice, The Florida Bar Journal, 2000
- Bridge the Gap Alimony: An Emerging Vehicle for Satisfying Short Term Need, The Florida Bar Journal, 1999
- Mize: Florida's Disenchanted Response to the Relocation Dilemma, The Florida Bar Journal, 1994