Mike Keating practices exclusively as a trial attorney who represents individuals and families who have been harmed due to the negligence of others. The sole focus of his practice is helping the firm's clients obtain justice. Keating Law Offices has a long history of success in helping its clients.
Mr. Keating represents clients in personal injury and wrongful death litigation in state and federal courts. He is licensed to practice before the Illinois Bar, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois where he is a member of the Federal Trial Bar, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
About Michael Keating
Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: www.keatinglegal.com/
Honors and Awards:
- Attorney Michael Keating is a national leader in the emerging field of bicycle litigation. As bicycling becomes a more common transportation option, there has been a rise in the number of bicyclist who have been injured or killed as a result of a bicycle accident or collision. Mike Keating commits a large segment of his practice to representing clients in bicycle related litigation. As a part of this practice, Mike Keating serves as the Chair of the Bicycle Litigation Committee for the American Association for Justice (AAJ). The AAJ is the national trial lawyers organization., Chair - Bicycle Litigation Committee, American Association for Justice, 2013
- The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. The Top 40 under 40 is restricted to only 40 attorneys per state per year. The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is an essential source of information and networking for top young trial lawyers throughout America. It provides accreditation to those distinguished young attorneys in the area of civil plaintiff law and applauds them for their hard work and honored achievement., Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Michael S. Keating is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. In 2007 he served as the Committee Chair for the Tort Committee of the Chicago Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section.
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Mr. Keating provides pro bono legal consultation and lobbying efforts to the Active Transportation Alliance., 2008
- Juris Doctor, DePaul University College of Law, 2002; Bachelor of Science, Marquette University, 1997.