With 42 years of experience as an attorney, Peter Corti has distinguished himself within the legal and insurance communities of Illinois as a respected authority in the fields of workers' compensation, disability determination and related aspects of injury law. He has briefed and argued cases before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission, the Circuit Courts of Cook and surrounding counties, the Federal District Court of the Northern District of Illinois and the State Appellate Court.
About Peter Corti
Admitted: 1971, Illinois
Professional Webpage: www.workcompguys.com/pages/peter_d__corti/24.php
Honors and Awards:
- Throughout his career, Mr. Corti has received notable recognition for his exemplary work within the legal profession. Additional honors include membership in the Leading Lawyers Network, a division of Law Bulletin Publishing Company recognizing "the most respected and experienced lawyers" as recommended by other attorneys. He has also been listed in Best Lawyers in America, "the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession" since 1995 through 2013. Martindale-Hubbell, "the authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession," has rated Mr. Corti AV® (very high to preeminent) for both legal ability and professional ethics. In 2010, Mr. Corti was selected as Professional of the Year for the entire Law Industry by Strathmore's Who's Who - Worldwide Edition, a "registry and global network for executives and professionals."
- Mr. Corti is a current member of the Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association and has served as its past president, vice president, treasurer and board member. He has also served for six years as a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and has been elected to the Association's Assembly for Cook County. He is the current member of the Illinois State Bar Assocation Standing Committee on Marketing and Communications for Illinois Lawyers. Mr. Corti also has been appointed to serve as a member of the Illinois State Bar Association Workers' Compensation Law Section Council. He is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the Justinian Society of Lawyers. In 2010, Mr. Corti was elected as Professional of the Year for the entire Law Industry by Strathmore's Who's Who - Worldwide Edition, "a registry & global network for executives and professionals."
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Gold Fellow Illinois Bar Foundation
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Reported Cases: Rosemary Pancotto v. Sociedade de Safaris de Mocambique422 F.Supp.405Area Transportation Company v. Industrial Commission123 Ill.App.3d 1096, 465 N.E.2d 533Material Service Corporation v. Industrial Commission97 Ill.2d 382, 454 N.E.2d 655Joseph R. Bertini v. State Farm Mutual48 Ill.App.3d 851, 362 N.E.2d 1355
- A graduate of Long Island University, Mr. Corti earned his Bachelor of Science undergraduate degree from Long Island University, and received his Juris Doctorate degree from DePaul University. He was admitted to the Illinois State Supreme Court and the Northern District of Illinois in 1971, the Seventh Circuit Court in 1972 and the US Supreme Court in 1976.