Jeffrey R. Bloom is a civil litigator in Maryland and the District of Columbia. He primarily represents individuals who have been injured in car accidents, victims of professional malpractice, and businesses involved in collections and partnership disputes.
About Jeffrey Bloom
Admitted: 2007, Maryland
Professional Webpage: www.jrbfirm.com/?page_id=380
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia - Member
United States District Court for the District of Maryland - Member
United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland - Member
District of Columbia Bar - Member
Maryland State Bar - Member
- Maryland Professionalism Centor Mentorship Program - Mentor
Maryland State Bar Association - Member
Montgomery County Bar Association - Member
Verdicts and Settlements:
- (1) Obtained a judgment in excess of $723,000.00 on behalf of a client who sustained injuries in a car collision. The judgment awarded by the court was the maximum amount that could have been awarded pursuant to Maryland’s statutory cap on non-economic damages.
(2) Recovered $560,000.00 in a class action matter brought on behalf of former military members.
(3) Obtained a settlement in excess of $120,000.00 on behalf of a woman who sustained a shoulder injury in a car accident. This client fully recovered from her injuries, never needed to miss work because of the accident, and her medical expenses accounted for only about 1/5 of the total recovery.
(4) Recovered $62,000.00 for a husband and wife who were injured in a roll-over collision in Prince George’s County, Maryland. Despite the violent nature of the collision, the clients fully recovered from their injuries.
(5) Obtained a $72,250.00 settlement on behalf of a bicyclist who was struck by a taxi-cab driver.