Chalgian and Tripp Law Offices has locations in East Lansing, Michigan, Jackson, Michigan, Battle Creek, Michigan, Midland, Michigan and Ithaca, Michigan.
About Amy Tripp
Admitted: 1998, Michigan
Professional Webpage: mielderlaw.com/attorneys/amy-r-tripp/
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of the Courage and Heart Award given by Michigan Campaign for Quality Care- September 2009
- Jackson County Legal Support Professionals-Linda L. Beer Memorial Award-Boss of the Year 2008-2009.
- Received a Certificate of Completion in the areas of probate and estate planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Member of the Special Needs Alliance, Member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners-since 2007, Member of the Jackson Area Estate Planning Council, Active member of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan and National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, State Bar of Michigan Ad hoc committee Unauthorized Practice of Law, Adjunct Professor for Cooley Law School, Past member of the executive committee of the Jackson Area Estate Planning Council, Past Chair of the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the Michigan State Bar, Past President of the Jackson County Bar Association.
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Board Member of Highfields, Host Lions Club, Past Member of the Advisory board of Catholic Charities Senior Advisory Council Board, Steering Committee member for ASK 2008 (Attorneys Sharing Knowledge) Program, Past Member of the Huntington Society of Michigan Board of Directors (2007-2011), Past Board Member of the Ella Sharp Museum-(2007-2011), Alzheimer's Memory Walk Committee Great Lakes Chapter (2004-2007), Volunteer for Be a Santa for a Senior (2004-2007), and Former Co-chair of the Jackson TRIAD (2004-2007).
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- OVERVIEW OF SPEAKINGS:State Bar of Michigan - Negligence Law Section - Las Vegas Spring Conference (2012), NASW Conference Overview of Special Needs Trusts - Planning Beyond a Trust (2012), NAMI Conference Overview of Special Needs Trusts - Planning Beyond a Trust (2012), ICLE Medicaid Update (2012), ICLE Legal Issues of Autism (2012), Michigan Elder Law: Legal, Financial, Medicaid Today -GR and Lansing (2011), Veterans Aid and Attendance, Michigan Association of Assisted Living Conference (May 2011), Estate Planning, Allegiance Health Parkinsons Support Group Public Forum (April 2011), Hot Topics in Elder Law, National Association of Social Workers (April 2011), Trusts and Taxes, Jackson Area Landlord Association (March 2011), Special Needs Planning, Ingham County Parent Advisory Board (Feb 2011), Special Needs Trusts, Washtenaw Association of CPA's (Dec 2010), Child Support and Spousal Support, Minimize the Impact on Public Benefits with a Special Needs Trust - ICLE Family Law Institute (Nov 2010), Top Ten Medicaid Planning Tips - ICLE Solo & Small Firm Institute (Sept 2010), Special Needs Trusts, Kalamazoo Community Mental Health Family Support Group (June 2010), Financial and Legal Issues for end of life care, Michigan Hospice and Palliative Care Conference (April 2010), How Government Benefits Programs View Asset Transfers ICLE 50th Annual Probate Institute (May 2010), VA Special Monthly Pension Annual ICLE Medicaid Update Conference (April 2010),Survival Guide for the Adult Children of Aging Parents; Schrieber Conference (2010), Changes in Elder Care Law, Steering Committee for Jackson's Parkinson's Group (Jan 2009), Medicaid, Area Agency on Aging, Region 7 (Feb 2009), Law School for Legislators, State Bar of Michigan-Elder Law and Disability Rights Section (Feb 2009) Basic Medicaid Rules, Understanding the Medicaid Process, Post Eligibility and VA Aid and Attendance Benefits-Medicaid and Elder Law: Representing Client in the New Legal Landscape (Fall 2007), Veterans Aid & Attendance Benefits, 2007 Medicaid and Health Care Planning Update, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (Spring 2007), Medicaid and Medicaid Planning Michigan, Medical Education Services, Inc. ( Various locations 2006, 2007, 2008), Michigan Elderlaw: Legal, Financial, Medicaid Today, Health Education Services (Various locations 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Author of the Special Needs Chapter for ICLE's (Institute of Continuing Legal Education) Advising the Older Client with a Disability, Fourth Edition; Co-author/editor of the Government Entitlement chapter in the Michigan Guardianship and Conservatorship Handbook Revised Edition-2007; Author of Be a Hero to Your Client-Seven Simple Questions about VA Aid and Attendance Pensions published in the Summer 2007 Michigan Probate & Estate Planning Journal; Co-Author of Dealing with Government Entitlements Chapter, Michigan Guardianship and Conservatorship Handbook, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2007); Co-Author of No Estate Recovery in Michigan Yet, The Elder Law Minute Gratiot County Herald (2006).