Shereef Hadi Akeel practices law in the State of Michigan. Elected as a Lawyer of the Year for 2004 by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, and a Michigan Super Lawyer in 2006, Shereef obtained his bachelors degree from the University of Michigan in 1987. Shereef, a graduate from Detroit College of Law in 1996, specializes in civil rights, business litigation, personal injury and insurance matters. He has been involved in several high profile discrimination cases including a recent class action lawsuit on behalf of all Iraqi prisoners regarding the Abu Ghraib Scandal. Shereef, also a CPA, has a Masters in Business Administration from Wayne State University.
About Shereef Akeel
Admitted: 1996, Michigan
Professional Webpage: www.akeelvalentine.com/Attorneys/Shereef-H-Akeel.shtml
Honors and Awards:
- 2006 President's Award - Center for Constitutional Rights - www.ccr.org ; 2006 Guardian of Civil Rights - ADC - www.adc.org ; 2005 Defender of Freedom Award - America Civil Liberties Union - www.aclu.org
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Association of Justice - member;Michigan Association of Justice - member;Michigan State Bar.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Lecturer at 34th Annual Labor & Employment law Institute, Lecturer, Managing Religious and Cultural Differences in the Work Place, Institute Continued Legal Education, Law, 2009
- Lecturer, How to Negotiate Settlement Agreements Without a Mediator: All the Skills You Long Ago Forgot!, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Legal, 2008
- Lecturer, Mediation Best Practices, State Bar of Michigan , 2008
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Recent Settlements/Verdicts:1.8 Million - Car/Truck Accident;1.5 Million - Medical Malpractice;1.1 Million - Crane Accident;1.0 Million - Motor Cycle Accident.
- Michigan State University College of Law - Juris Doctorate; Wayne State University - Masters in Business Administration; University of Michigan - Bachelor of Arts