Reserved, methodical and precise, Judith Livingston defies the image of the traditional successful trial attorney. She has long been one of the most successful plaintiff’s attorneys in the U.S.
Judy Livingston was the first woman in the United States admitted to the Inner Circle of Advocates and the youngest person invited to be a member. To date, Ms. Livingston has had 30 verdicts and hundreds of settlements in excess of $1,000,000.00, all in personal injury cases.
A fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Ms. Livingston was cited by the National Law Journal as one of "40 lawyers who have made their mark in the area of health care law." She has also been listed yearly by New York magazine and in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the best lawyers in New York. New York magazine has cited her as one of "The 50 most influential women lawyers in America." In every listing since Law Dragon began recognizing the top 500 lawyers in the United States, Ms. Livingston has been selected as one of the country's top lawyers.
Articles about Judith Livingston appearing in Super Lawyers
Fire and Oxygen
Thomas Moore and Judith Livingston share three children and multimillion-dollar verdicts
About Judith Livingston
Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: www.kdlm.com/about-us/partners/judith-a-livingston
Honors and Awards:
- Honoray Doctor of Law, Hofstra Law School, 1998
- Named the "Best Lawyers' 2011 New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year."
- Ms. Livingston sits on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the International Society of Barristers; the Bar Association of the City of New York; and the Association of Trial Lawyers in America.
- Member, American Bar Association, where she was appointed a member of the Special Committee on Medical Professional Liability for the years of 1995 and 1996.
- Co-president of the Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert (JALBCA), 2006-2009, and continues on the JALBCA Board of Directors.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Livingston has participated in lectures and seminars in New York State and nationally on the subjects of the trial of medical malpractice and personal injury cases, as well as programs on women in the courtroom.
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Judith A. Livingston '79, who recently was named by New York Magazine as 2011 Lawyer of the Year in the medical malpractice area, spoke about life in a law career to the Hofstra community as part of the Distinguished Practitioner Lecture series on February 28, 2011. A partner at the high-powered medical malpractice firm Kramer, Dillof, Livingston and Moore, Livingston discussed the many different routes within a law career and noted that the opportunities and privileges are "extraordinary." She advised her audience to be honest and, above all else, passionate about their work — an approach that has allowed her to become one of the most successful plaintiff's attorneys in the U.S., Judith A. Livingston advises Hofstra Law Students Always Be Passionate About Their Career
- Ms. Livingston graduated from The State University of New York, Stony Brook, with high honors, and from Hofstra University School of Law in 1979, where she received a J.D. degree and an Honorary Doctor of Law in 1998.