Neil E. Kozek has litigated matrimonial and family law matters since 1988 and is a pioneer in the collaborative divorce movement. He represents high-net-worth clients, providing creative financial solutions and often avoiding the acrimony of traditional litigation. By Martindale-Hubbell peer review, Mr. Kozek is an AV-rated attorney and member of the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, and he has been nominated for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. He was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in 1984 and is a magna cum laude graduate of Rutgers University. Neil graduated from Temple University School of Law; is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States and in state and Federal Courts of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania; and is a member and frequent lecturer for the Family Law Sections of the Westchester County, New York, and American Bar Associations. Neil's office is in White Plains.
About Neil Kozek
Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: www.kramerkozeklaw.net/attorneys/#neil-kozek
- Managing Partner-Kramer Kozek is a 6 attorney, boutique matrimonial and family law firm in White Plains, New York. This firm represents clients in the New York City Metropolitan Area.
- NEIL E. KOZEK, ESQ. is a Member of the firm of Kramer Kozek, llp and practices in both suburban White Plains and New York City. Litigation Practice: He has litigated almost exclusively in the field of matrimonial and family law for more than twenty two(22) years. He is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and is a member of the Family Law Sections of the New York, New Jersey, Westchester County and American Bar Associations. Mr. Kozek has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Westchester County Bar Association, Family Law Section where he served as the Program Co-Chair and coordinator for Continuing Legal Education. He was formerly a representative to the New York Interdisciplinary Forum of Matrimonial Attorneys and Forensic Mental Health Professionals. He also served as a neutral evaluator for the New York County Matrimonial Alternative Dispute Resolution Program and a frequent lecturer for the Westchester County, New York State and American Bar Associations’ Family Law Sections.Collaborative Family Law and Dispute Resolution: Mr. Kozek is a member of the Board of Directors of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (“IACP”) and a founding member of the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals (“NYACP”) where he serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, a trained Mediator and an adjunct group leader for the Center for Mediation in Law. Also a founding member of the Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland and Westchester Counties Mr. Kozek's practice is approximately 70% collaborative at this time. He was a volunteer for the Pace Women’s Justice Center Moderate Means Panel where he also served as a pro bono mentor. Mr. Kozek is a founding member of the Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Rockland-Westchester. Mr. Kozek has been nominated to be included in “Best Lawyers in America” and has been included in the New York Metro Region “Superlawyers” since 2007 in both Matrimonial and Collaborative Law.Mr. Kozek was formerly a partner at Stern Steiger Croland, P.C., in Paramus, New Jersey and co-chair of the Family Law Department of Hall Dickler, LLP. He was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in 1984 and he is a 1985 magna cum laude graduate of Rutgers University. After graduating from Temple University School of Law in 1988, he served as Law Secretary to the Honorable Samuel D. Natal, Presiding Judge, Family Part, Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County. Mr. Kozek is a charter member of the New Jersey Family Law Inn of Court and formerly a member of the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court.
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Commended as Pro Bono Matrimonial Panel Member, Volunteer Attorney Westchester County Courthouse for the Ninth Judicial District, 2013
- Elected As a Fellow of the American Bar Association Foundation, 2012
- Elected to the Westchester Women's Bar Foundation Board of Directors, 2011
- Board of Trustees of Temple Emanu-El of Westchester, 2007
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- PLI Seminars in New York City and on-line, Lecturer, Matrimonial Law and Collaborative, Practicing Law Institute, 2012
- I co-authored a chapter in this book with Jerome Johnson of Albuquerque, New Mexico on Collaborative Law. The book was recently published in the Winter 2011, Family Law Services Handbook, Publisher: John Wiley &Sons, Inc., Financial Expert/Family Law, 2010
- FAMILY LAW SERVICES HANDBOOK
published/copyright 2011, Co-Author "Collaborative Law", Collaborative Law-Chapter 22, Wiley Publishing, 2010
Other Outstanding Achievements:
- Elected as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, 2012
- Video summary of collaborative law presentation in New York City available on You Tube, Collaborative Law, Lawline, 2011
- 7 Minute 22 second segment on national television for NBC Today Show on Collaborative Divorce, Collaborative Divorce-NBC Today Show, 2005
- 1985 Graduate of Rutgers College, Rutgers University Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude)1988 Graduate of Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania