Co-Founder in 1988 of the Albany, NY based law firm Burke & Casserly, P.C., Timothy E. Casserly, Esq., CFP® focuses his practice in wills, trusts and estates; elder law; corporation and business succession planning; financial, retirement and tax planning; and utilizes his Certified Financial Planner designation to provide wealth management and investment advisory services. Tim is also a founding member and president of Arista Wealth Advisors, Ltd., a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission which currently manages investments in excess of $200 million for various individuals, corporations, pension plans, and not-for-profit organizations on a fee-only basis.
About Timothy Casserly
Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: www.burkecasserly.com/our_team/timothy-e-casserly/
Honors and Awards:
- In 2010, Tim was honored for the second time by the New York State Bar Association at its Annual Meeting in New York City for his leadership as a member of the Bar’s Power of Attorney Task Force. , NYS Bar’s Power of Attorney Task Force, New York State Bar Association, 2010
- In 2008, following the issuance of several precedent setting Fair Hearing decisions he obtained for his clients, Tim was given an award for “ his "tireless advocacy and litigation, which has advanced the rights of the elderly and persons with disabilities.", Tireless Advocacy and Litigation, New York State Bar Association, 2008
- Tim was presented with the inaugural FPA Honors Award by the Financial Planning Association’s Northeastern New York Chapter for his contributions toward the financial planning profession.
- Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Past Chair, New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section, 2008
- Past President of local chapter of Financial Planning Association and has twice chaired the Association's Estate Planning Track of their three-day National Conference in San Diego and in New Orleans and is a Past Chair and member of the FPA’s Professional Issues Committee.
- Member of Colorado Bar Association.
- He is a member of the American Bar Association.
- He is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- Founding Chair of NYS Bar Association's Elder Law Section's Advanced Institute program and member of the NYSBA’s House of Delegates.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Two-volume set, Associate Editor, Guardianship Protection in New York State, The New York State Bar Association
- Audio tape series., Planning for the Elderly , College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado
- Boomer Basics is a layperson's comprehensive resource guide to personal, financial, and health issues as they relate to the Baby Boomer generation, their children, and their parents., Co-Author, Boomer Basics: Everything You Need to Know About the Issues Facing You, Your Children, and Your Parents, McGraw Hill
- Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School of Union University in Albany, New York