Co-Founder in 1988 of the Albany, NY based law firm Burke & Casserly, P.C., Timothy E. Casserly, Esq., CFP® focuses his practice in wills, trusts and estates; elder law; corporation and business succession planning; financial, retirement and tax planning; and utilizes his Certified Financial Planner designation to provide wealth management and investment advisory services. Tim is also a founding member and president of Arista Wealth Advisors, Ltd., a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission which currently manages investments in excess of $200 million for various individuals, corporations, pension plans, and not-for-profit organizations on a fee-only basis.
About Timothy Casserly
Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: www.burkecasserly.com/our_team/timothy-e-casserly/
Honors and Awards:
- Tim is a Fellow of The New York Bar Foundation. The New York Bar Foundation is the charitable arm of the New York State Bar Association. The Foundation supports the law-related programs of local legal services agencies, nonprofits, bar associations and other organizations throughout the State of New York. The Fellows are a distinguished group of legal professionals, with only one percent of Bar Association membership invited to share in this honor. Fellows are nominated by their peers, and election into membership in the Fellows is evidence of professional distinction recognizing outstanding achievement and dedication to the legal profession, commitment to the organized bar and service to the public., Fellow of The New York Bar Foundation, The New York Bar Foundation, 2014
- In 2010, Tim was honored for the second time by the New York State Bar Association at its Annual Meeting in New York City for his leadership as a member of the Bar’s Power of Attorney Task Force. , NYS Bar’s Power of Attorney Task Force, New York State Bar Association, 2010
- In 2008, following the issuance of several precedent setting Fair Hearing decisions he obtained for his clients, Tim was given an award for “ his "tireless advocacy and litigation, which has advanced the rights of the elderly and persons with disabilities.", Tireless Advocacy and Litigation, New York State Bar Association, 2008
- Tim was presented with the inaugural FPA Honors Award by the Financial Planning Association’s Northeastern New York Chapter for his contributions toward the financial planning profession.
- Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Past Chair, New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section, 2008
- Past President of local chapter of Financial Planning Association and has twice chaired the Association's Estate Planning Track of their three-day National Conference in San Diego and in New Orleans and is a Past Chair and member of the FPA’s Professional Issues Committee.
- Member of Colorado Bar Association.
- He is a member of the American Bar Association.
- He is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- Founding Chair of NYS Bar Association's Elder Law Section's Advanced Institute program and member of the NYSBA’s House of Delegates.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Two-volume set, Associate Editor, Guardianship Protection in New York State, The New York State Bar Association
- Audio tape series., Planning for the Elderly , College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado
- Boomer Basics is a layperson's comprehensive resource guide to personal, financial, and health issues as they relate to the Baby Boomer generation, their children, and their parents., Co-Author, Boomer Basics: Everything You Need to Know About the Issues Facing You, Your Children, and Your Parents, McGraw Hill
- Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School of Union University in Albany, New York