Skip to main content

How do I find the best immigration lawyer in Chicago, Illinois, for me?

Sponsored Answer
Christopher Helt - Immigration - Super Lawyers

Answered by: Christopher Helt

Located in Chicago, ILThe Helt Law Group, LLC

Phone: 888-739-6794
Fax: 312-698-9821

View Profile

Immigration matters, especially if it involves potential removal or deportation, are almost always complicated because of the many laws and rules involved.

The American Bar Association has tools and information to help you find an attorney, as does the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), a legal association for immigration lawyers only. Talk to your family, friends and co-workers. Someone you know may have hired an immigration lawyer in Illinois to help with an immigration issue, and he/she can tell what he/she liked or disliked about the attorney. 

Be Proactive With Your Immigration Matter to Get the Best Immigration Lawyer for You

Do your research. Find out as much as you can about the attorney whom you’re considering. Run Internet searches on the attorney's name. You may find news articles about them, legal cases they've handled, or legal articles or blogs they've written. This type of information can tell you a lot about the attorneys' experience and reputation. Finally, look for a lawyer with experience in your type of immigration case. Immigration lawyers sometimes limit their practice to certain areas, like deportation and removal cases or employment-related visas, for example. Look for one who matches your type of case.

Consider the costs: Depending on your type of immigration case, an attorney may charge you an hourly fee where you pay a certain amount for each hour he or she works on your case. Some attorneys may charge a flat fee. Consider which fee arrangement best fits your budget. 

Our contact information is above, and we are happy to receive calls or emails from you if you would like to schedule an initial attorney consultation. You also can make request for appointment online with us at

Other Answers About Immigration

Photo of Ashkan Yekrangi

What crimes will get me deported in California?

If you are in the U.S. without any documentation, even a minor infraction could trigger deportation. However, if …

Sponsored answer by Ashkan Yekrangi

Photo of Sam E. Radin

How can I obtain a visa for my spouse in Georgia?

The answer to your question hinges upon whether you are currently a citizen of the United States. If you are a …

Sponsored answer by Sam E. Radin

Call Me

To: Christopher Helt

Super Lawyers: Potential Client Inquiry

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).


The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The use of the internet or this contact form for communication is not necessarily a secure environment. Contacting a lawyer or law firm email through this service will not create an attorney-client relationship, and information will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential.

Page Generated: 2.9547340869904 sec