What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt At An Oklahoma Day care?

Contact me today


Any serious injury can impact your child’s future and may cause delays in their physical and mental development. Because of this severe risk, parents must get immediate medical attention for their children who are severely hurt at day care. Because of the high cost of obtaining quality medical coverage and the seriousness of their child’s injuries, many parents wonder what legal options they may have.

Day Cares Have A Legal Responsibility Of Safety

Day care facilities have a legal responsibility to provide a safe and danger-free space for the children under their care. No matter what type of serious injury your child experienced, you will most likely have a personal injury case if the injury was caused by the negligence of the day care staff or because of defective equipment at the facility. Often, serious injuries at a day care are the result of a lack of supervision over children, lack of trained staff or poorly maintained and dangerous facilities.

Day Care Operators Must Carry Insurance

Most licensed day care operators in Oklahoma must carry a liability insurance policy of at least $200,000 in coverage. The insurance policy is designed to protect day care providers in case there is an incident where someone is injured on the premises. This policy also allows the parents of children who were injured at a day care to get their deserved compensation. Do not let claims that the day care has no money to pay for your child’s injury dissuade you from starting a legal case

Do Not Wait To Contact A Lawyer

It is also essential that parents take immediate action after their child becomes injured at a day care. The evidence related to a day care injury is fleeting, and preserving these details can make the difference in getting your child’s compensation. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney can evaluate the details of your case and help you understand what facts are important.

In addition to this time restriction, the insurance companies may have a team of legal professionals that focus on protecting the company’s bottom line. Do not speak to a representative of the insurance company without an attorney by your side. The insurance company representatives may twist your seemingly harmless words and use them against you when you try to file a claim.

A knowledgeable personal injury attorney can help you investigate the circumstances of your child’s injury and communicate with the insurance companies. This personal injury case will allow parents to get the compensation they need to pay for their child’s medical expenses and future costs.


The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other answers about Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Image for Brendan J. Flaherty

Can I Sue A Restaurant, Grocery Store, Or Food Company For Food Poisoning In Illinois?

Yes. If you are a victim of food poisoning, you can sue those responsible to recover money for medical expenses, lost time from work and pain and …Sponsored answer by Brendan J. Flaherty

Image for Charles J. Argento

How do I know if I have a personal injury claim in Texas?

The best way to determine whether you have a valid personal injury claim is to contact an attorney right away and discuss the facts of the situation. …Sponsored answer by Charles J. Argento

Image for Gary D. Ginsberg

How do I select the best attorney for my medical malpractice lawsuit in New Jersey?

Filing a lawsuit with inexperienced or insufficient legal counsel makes producing a successful outcome more difficult. There are challenges in all …Sponsored answer by Gary D. Ginsberg

Call me:

Contact me

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).

To: Eugene K. (Gene) Bertman Super Lawyers: Potential Client Inquiry

The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The use of the internet or this contact form for communication is not necessarily a secure environment. Contacting a lawyer or law firm email through this service will not create an attorney-client relationship, and information will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential.

Your IP address and location have been logged to assist in preventing abuse of this service.

Page Generated: 0.21854496002197 sec