About Scott Goodwin
Admitted: 1986, Michigan
Honors and Awards:
- LAWYER OF THE YEAR. MI Lawyers weekly selected ten MI Attorneys out of 30000 who stood out from the crowd during 2004 by winning important cases, being involved in matters that raise challenging legal issues and otherwise furthering the profession`s commitment to the rule of law and concept of justice. DBbusiness Top Lawyers in MI 2009, 2010 and 2012 in the area of Auto accident,Trucking accidents and Dog bite claims. Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent Highest rating for ethical and legal ability. Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.Recently,been chosen as a top 100 lawyer for the National Trial Lawyers Association., Lawyer of the year, Lawyers Weekly
- Appointed President Elect of the Michigan Association for Justice ( MAJ) in line to become President of the Trial Lawyers association in MI. American Association for Justice MI State Delegate,Executive Board member of Michigan Association for Justice. Chairman of Judicial Qualifications committee, Chairman of membership and co-chair of Media committee. Auto No-Fault Task force., 2013
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Every year for past 25 years I have held a free law day where I assemble over 40 attorney`s who donate their time to the community free of charge to assist folks in Legal problems. In addition we give away free of charge bicycle helmets which are expertly fitted by folks at Children`s hospital of MI. For the last few years we also, have given out free smoke detectors donated by ACE hardware.This is annual event where folks receive free legal advice, free food , free bicycle helmets and it is broadcast live on the radio.
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- 2012 MAJ Rapid Fire seminar speaker on PIP No Fault benefits., Speaker, Michigan Association For Justice, 2012
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Over the past 26 years I have assembled numerous settlements and arbitration awards well in excess of millions of dollars
- Recent resolutions 1.8 million dollar settlement for Motorcyclist who was hit by truck 1.4 million Pedestrian struck by City of Detroit bus, 1.4 million award against Drunk driver. 1.4 million Underinsured motorist award,1 million for child injured on a hayride, 985,000 Underinsured award for a rear seat passenger who was injured in an auto crash and was ejected from his vehicle. 800,000 Auto crash where client suffered closed head injury 1.1 million propane explosion at private home and 625,000 for a homemaker struck by a school bus.