Hooray for Bollywood
Nitasha Khanna lists her favorite films from India
Super Lawyers online-exclusive
By Joe Mullich on June 8, 2021
Family law attorney Nitasha Khanna, an inaugural member of UCLA’s Nashaa Hindi Film Dance team in the early 2000s, is a big fan of Bollywood movies. “I love the colors and the joyful mood,” she says in the 2021 issue of Southern California Rising Stars Magazine. “It’s very happy. A lot of the Bollywood mainstream cinema is romantic, and I am a romantic at heart.” Here are some of her favorites.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (The Big-Hearted Will Take the Bride) (1995): Two London-based youths meet on a train trip in Europe and fall in love. But can he win over her father in time to prevent her arranged marriage in India? Starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Something Happens) (1998): A dead woman’s letter urges her 8-year-old daughter to bring together her husband and the college friend who once loved him. Starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.
- Salaam Namaste (Hello Greetings) (2005): An architect/restaurateur and a med student/radio jockey fall in love in Melbourne. Starring Saif Ali Khan and Preity Zinta.
- 3 Idiots (2009): Ten years after their adventures at a cutthroat engineering college in Delhi, two friends search for their third brilliant and rebellious friend. Starring Aamir Khan, Madhavan and Sharman Joshi
- Band Baaja Baaraat (Wedding Planners) (2010): A wedding crasher falls in love with a wedding planner. Starring Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma.
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (This Youth Is Crazy) (2013): An introverted medical student falls in love with a charming journalist on a hiking trek in the Himalayas. Starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone.
Other featured articles
Michelle Suskauer relies on persistence—and niceness—to bring people around
Taking a ride through Divorce Land with family law attorney Susan E. Cohen
Dawn Estes tears it up, both at her women-owned powerhouse and with the band
Find top lawyers with confidence
The Super Lawyers patented selection process is peer influenced and research driven, selecting the top 5% of attorneys to the Super Lawyers lists each year. We know lawyers and make it easy to connect with them.Find a lawyer near you